Botanical Gardens in Liberec
Liberec, 460 01
Phone: +420 482 360 811
The modern exposition will take you around the world of familiar and unfamiliar plants.
The Botanical Gardens in Liberec comprise 9 pavilions that offer carnivorous plants, orchids, camellias, ferns, Australian flora, cacti growing upside down, a pavilion with aquariums and vivariums, and many other rare plants. The access to the garden complex is through a glass tunnel that is built through a large aquarium: visitors may enjoy an unusual view of the fish swimming above their heads.
- a rosarium
- large alpinum with little lakes and water falls
- orient garden,
- wetland section (a group of 73 pools with more than a hundred plants)
- two pavilions with sea aquariums
- Pavilion Australis - exposition of Australian flora
- Pavilion of carnivorous plants
- Pavilion Neotropis - plants from American tropical regions (giant water lily - Victoria amazonica - that was discovered by Tadeáš Haenke from Chřibská)
- Pavilion of cacti
- Pavilion Paleotropis - trophic plants from Asia and Africa
- Prehistory Pavilion - fern, horsetail, etc.
- Flower Pavilion - for example, 200 hundred years old camellias, cacti and succulents
- Pavilion of Africa and Madagascar - deserts and semi-deserts, bonsais, orchids
- NEW 2014: Water-lilies
Explanations in other languages (English, German, Polish) by automatic voice devices.
Texts in English and German on sale.
near the tram station "Botanická", line No. 2 and 3 (Direction "Lidové sady/ZOO")
|April - October ||Mo - Su ||8:00 - 18:00|
|November - March ||Mo - Su ||8:00 - 16:00|
|Full entrance fee:||140,00 CZK|
|Family entrance fee:||320,00 CZK|
|Senior citizens:||140,00 CZK|
Foreign-language commentary: English, German, Polish
Descriptions of exhibits in foreign language: English, German
Services and facilities: Parking, Parking for buses, Cloakroom, Refreshments, WC, Souvenir shop, Disabled access
Park Specification: Botanical garden
Expozice afrických sukulentů
Orchidej Stanhopea nigroviolacea