Basilica of St. Lawrence and St. Zdislava, Jablonné v Podještědí

Bazilika sv. Zdislavy a sv. Vavřince, author: Jiří Stránský

Lusetian Mountains

Klasterni 33
Jablonne v Podjestedi, 471 25

Phone: +420 487 762 105
Web: www.zdislava.cz

A generously conceived building, now a dominant feature of the town.

In 1699 the building of the monastery Church of St. Lawrence began in Jablonný. The owner of the dominion, Count František Antonín Berka of Dubá invested large amounts into this generous building which then became a landmark of the town. The temple was consecrated in 1729. Two years later, the remains of St. Zdislava were taken to the new Church of St. Lawrence. In 1788 Jablonné was hit by a devastating fire, which destroyed both the monastery and the original parish church. From that moment on St. Lawrence's church served as a new parish church for Jablonné. On 21 May 1995, Pope John Paul II canonised Zdislava of Lemberk and the temple was awarded the title of Papal Basilica Minor of St. Lawrence and Zdislava. Nowadays, the temple houses an exposition of sacral art.

Catacombs with the remains of St. Zdislava are accessible only during the main pilgrimage - the last Saturday in May

Guided tours:
Museum of sacral art (ambit)
Míla Doležalová Gallery (ambit)
Basilica Minor

Opening hours

April Sa - Su 13:00 - 16:00
May - September Mo - Fr 9:30 - 16:00
Sa - Su 13:00 - 16:00
October Sa - Su 13:00 - 16:00

Entrance fee

Full entrance fee:50,00 CZK
Discount entrance fee:30,00 CZK
Family entrance fee:130,00 CZK

Images gallery

Chrám Jablonné v Podještědí

Chrám Jablonné v Podještědí

 
 
 
Copyright © 2008 | Krajský úřad Libereckého kraje | Správce informačního systému Compedium, s.r.o. Liberec | foto: M. Drahoňovský, D. Balogh
Catalogue  |  Regional certification  |  Contacts  |  Site Map
www.rada-severovychod.cz
load